Academics -- ACT Scores
The ACT exam is the college readiness test most often given in the Midwest. This test is a reliable tool for assessing the potential academic success of college bound students.
- The 2011 average composite ACT score for Lutheran High was 23.7. This compares to the state average of 20.9.
- Top 25% of class--29 composite ACT average
- Top 50% of class--26.6 composite ACT average
- The ACT average for the past 5 years for MELHS is 23.45 compared to the 20.7 state average and a national average of 21.1.
- Over the last five years, twenty-five of our students achieved a score of 30 or above on the ACT. ACT scores of 28 and higher are above the ninetieth percentile nationally.
- From the last five years, 97% of the 310 graduates have enrolled in college while 3% entered the military or workforce.
Illinois State Scholars
||Total in Class
Every year, numerous graduates receive academic scholarships to various colleges. A number of students have received full scholarships to the colleges of their choice. It is not uncommon for students to receive scholarships of double or more the amount their families paid in high school tuition.